RPAC of Virginia Trustees
The RPAC of Virginia Trustees consist of REALTORS® representing six regions of the Commonwealth, as described below. Within each region, any local REALTOR® assocaition having 2,000 or more members shall be apportioned one seat per 2,000 members. The number of seats allocated are determined annually, based on the Virginia Associations of REALTORS® membership count as of July 31. The six regions shall be composed as follows:
Region 1 (Four Seats)
- Blue Ridge Association of REALTORS®
- Dulles Area Association of REALTORS®
- Fredericksburg Area Association of REALTORS®
- Greater Piedmont Area Association of REALTORS®
- Massanutten Association of REALTORS®
- Prince William Association of REALTORS®
Region 2 (Four Seats)
- Chesapeake Bay and Rivers Association of REALTORS®
- Northern Neck Association of REALTORS®
- Richmond Association of REALTORS®
- Southside Virginia Association of REALTORS®
Region 3 (Two Seats)
- Charlottesville Area Association of REALTORS®
- Harrisonburg Rockingham Association of REALTORS®
- Lexington – Buena Vista - Rockbridge Association of REALTORS®
- Greater Augusta Association of REALTORS®
- Dan River Region Association of REALTORS®
- Lynchburg Association of REALTORS®
- South Central Association of REALTORS®
- Southern Piedmont Land and Lakes Association of REALTORS®
Region 4 (Two Seats)
- Bristol Virginia – Tennessee Association of REALTORS®
- Martinsville Henry and Patrick County Association of REALTORS®
- New River Valley Association of REALTORS®
- Roanoke Valley Association of REALTORS®
- Southwest Virginia Association of REALTORS®
Region 5 (Four Seats)
- Eastern Shore Association of REALTORS®
- Hampton Roads REALTOR® Association
- Virginia Peninsula Association of REALTORS®
- Williamsburg Area Association of REALTORS®
Region 6 (Six Seats)
- Northern Virginia Association of REALTORS®
RPAC Trustees should meet the following qualifications:
- Be an active member in good standing of a Local Association of REALTORS®.
- Have demonstrated leadership as a REALTOR®.
- Have an active interest in the political process and knowledge of political activity within their own VAR regions.
- Cannot have a political party conflict of interest. They cannot serve as an elected or appointed leader (including, but not limited to, an officer, precinct chair, platform committee member) for a political party committee on the local, state or national levels.
- Cannot serve on a political party’s state or national coordinating committee.
- Have an appreciation for the importance of RPAC, as indicated, for example, by being a multiyear RPAC contributor.
RPAC Trustees are responsible for the following:
- Promote and strive to improve government by encouraging REALTORS® to become more active, aware and involved in government at every level. Trustees are encouraged to participate in their respective local government affairs or RPAC committees and assist in fundraising at the local level when appropriate.
- Inform and assist REALTORS® and the general public in understanding how government actions affect real estate in general.
- Be aware of the voting records and positions of officeholders and candidates for elective office with primary emphasis on those in their region which the trustee is representing.
- Assist VAR and local associations for which the trustee is representing to support or oppose political issues of local and statewide significance.
- Participate in the interview process for candidates of statewide office and assist, when necessary, local associations for which the trustee is responsible.
- Commit to making appropriate appearances at local associations within their VAR regions to discuss RPAC and encourage active RPAC participation.
- Participate, when possible, in the fundraising events of the associations for which the trustee is responsible.
- Put aside their personal political opinions in order to work with and select candidates who best represent the REALTORS® of Virginia.
- Assist in evaluating and confirming the scorecard.
- Be an active custodian of our member’s contributions by being fiscally responsible.
For more information about RPAC of Virgina, visit the Official Site for Virginia REALTORS® Choose.
For more information about the RPAC of Virginia Trustees, contact Heidi Cook at Heidi@VARealtor.com.